This former Inn has been comprehensively restored and refurbished by Fremington Properties. The project has been completed with great attention to detail and 34a is a charming terraced period house providing light and bright accommodation. Finished to an extremely high standard there is a generous dining hall which interconnects with the large sitting room with both rooms sharing the log burner. There is a beautifully finished kitchen/breakfast room with larder cupboard plus the rear hall with w/c which has plenty of room for hanging coats, a dog basket and hall table. On the first floor are 3 generous double bedrooms plus plenty of storage cupboards and an excellent family bathroom.
Key features are as follows:
• Howdens Burford Ivory range kitchen
• Fully Integrated Lamona dishwasher, multi-function fan oven, electric hob and stainless steel chimney extractor with carbon filter
• High quality bathrooms with steel baths with Heritage pillar taps, shower over and Kudos glass folding bath screen, Heritage WC’s with oak seats
• Ideal Logic Plus ‘35’ combination boiler providing gas fire central heating
• High performance, double glazed uPVC windows throughout
• Flooring – Oak engineered flooring. Carpet in 100% wool, throughout the first floor bedrooms, landings and stairs. Plus Karndean wood effect flooring in the bathroom
• External doors are high security Elite Composite Doors
• A refurbished cast iron stove with new chimney liner installed (certified for use)
• Television and BT sockets in the living rooms and BT sockets in the master bedrooms. TV aerials to be installed by the purchaser
To the rear of the house and approached via a gate from the driveway is the garden. This is laid to lawn with fenced boundaries. There are 2 parking spaces to the rear of the property, plus there is one visitor’s car parking space to the side of Meadow View Cottage. There is a 6’ x 4’ timber shed at the rear of Swallow Cottage to store bicycles and garden tools.
Situated in the Conservation Area of the picturesque village of Hurstbourne Priors in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this new home in the heart of the village offers high quality accommodation in a very desirable and convenient location. The village itself has an abundance of period properties. Local amenities include a village hall, the historic church and cricket green/recreation ground with its thatched pavilion. There is a post office/shop in the nearby villages of Longparish and St. Mary Bourne, whilst Whitchurch, about 2 miles distant, offers a good range of local amenities and a direct rail service to London (65 minutes). More comprehensive facilities can be found in the towns of Newbury, Andover, Basingstoke and Winchester. Good primary and secondary schools are within easy reach in Whitchurch and Longparish. The catchment schools are Longparish Primary and Testbourne Community Schools, both are OFSTED “Outstanding”. Farleigh School is less than 10 miles away. The area is renowned for its sports especially fishing on the River Test and the River Bourne.
The A34 is 2 miles away providing good access to the south and to the Midlands and also connects to the A303 at Bullington Cross with access to London (M3) and the West Country.