A charming Grade II listed Georgian town house, originally dating back to 1756, with a wealth of character features throughout. The property was reputedly used as a Butchers shop at some point during the 18th century, with the front bay window utilised for serving and is just a short stroll from the town centre.
Apparent only from internal viewing, you will notice that the property has both ceiling timbers, cross beams, feature fireplace in the lounge, original bread oven and cooking range with pamment tiled floor in the kitchen and walled rear garden with brick store shed - early internal viewing is essential!
* Lounge * Kitchen/Dining Room
* 3 Bedrooms (2 on first floor) * Bathroom
* Walled Rear Garden * Outbuildings * Gas Central Heating
swaffham is a thriving & historic West Norfolk Market Town, conveniently situated just off the A47 trunk road, approximately 15 miles east of King's Lynn and 30 miles west of Norwich. There is an extensive selection of shops, variety of pubs, restaurants, various social gatherings and wide choice of sports activities. The town also has a popular Saturday Market, attracting visitors from all over the area, and many interesting historic buildings which include 'The Buttercross' and majestic Parish Church.
Solid wood door off London Street into:
13' (3.96m) max x 12'8" (3.86m)
[Measurements taken into bay window area]
Feature fireplace with raised woodburning stove on pamment tiled hearth, recessed beam over and pamment tiled display shelves. Original bay window to front, radiator, power points, TV socket, painted wall timbers, door to stairs and door into:
16'6" (5.03m) max x 8' (2.44m) max
Range of matching pine base and wall cabinets, incorporating round edge work surfaces with inset stainless steel single drainer sink. Gas cooker with gas hob and stainless steel splashback panel. Wall panelling, power points, gas point, exposed brickwork with recessed bread oven, fireplace with cast iron cooking range, space and plumbing for both washing machine and dishwasher. Rcd consumer unit, two rear windows, part glazed door to the rear garden. Smooth ceiling with two recessed spotlights, wall mounted Ideal gas combi central heating and domestic hot water boiler.
Stairs from Lounge to:
First floor and landing
Pine panelling along stair wall to hand rail height. Radiator, feature fireplace with shelved cupboard to either side.
11'2" (3.40m) x 9'5" (2.87m)
Window to front, radiator, power points, panelled wall with door through to:
7'9" (2.36m) x 7'2" (2.18m)
[Measurements exclude fitted cupboards]
Radiator, window to rear, power points, full width range of fitted cupboards.
White suite comprising of WC, hand basin and panelled bath. Radiator, window to rear.
Stairs from First Floor Landing to:
16'8" (5.08m) max x 12' (3.66m) max
[Measurements incorporate stairwell and chimney breast alcove]
Feature vaulted and beamed ceiling, radiator, power points, dormer window to front, wall light to side of chimney breast.
Fully enclosed rear courtyard garden
Consisting of paved patio with brick retaining wall and step up to a further bark chipped garden area. There is also a mature evergreen shrub, courtesy lighting beside kitchen door, two brick outbuildings and a pedestrian rear access gate.
Cold water tap
Agents note: We understand there has in the past been an arrangement with the Conservative Club, allowing the vendors to park a vehicle in their car park. Potential new owners of the property would have to make their own approach to the Conservative Club and establish whether a new arrangement may be possible.
Services: All mains connected.
Council tax: Band B
EPC rating: D
directions: From our office and the town centre head south along London Street. Continue along London Street, over the zebra crossing and you will find the property just past the Conservative Club on your left hand side.
Important please note:
1) Money Laundering Regulations: Under the Money Laundering Regulations 2017, intending purchasers will be asked for proof of identification and current residency. In this connection, we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale and instructing solicitors.
2) General: Every endeavour is made to ensure our sales particulars are fair, accurate and reliable. However, they are only intended as a guide and any queries should be raised before viewing.
3) Measurements: These are approximate room sizes and are intended only for general guidance.
4) Photographs: All photographs reproduced in either our sales particulars, or on the internet and office displays, are for general information, and it should not be inferred that any items shown are included in the sale.
5) Services and Equipment: The services, central heating system and any appliances mentioned in either these particulars or on the website have not been tested by ourselves and therefore cannot be guaranteed to be in full working order. We strongly advise all prospective purchasers to employ their own independent surveyor or qualified service expert report prior to proceeding with the purchase.