• grade II listed townhouse on the shorefront in tenby
• magnificent sea views from many rooms over 5 floors
• 5 – 7 bedrooms, 3 cloakrooms, 3 bath/shower rooms
• waterside terraces with private steps to the beach
• within tenby town walls /shops/restaurants/facilities
• ideal holiday home, boutique B&B or luxury holiday let
Georgian townhouses rarely come on the market in Tenby, making Tides Reach a very special opportunity. Extending to five floors with spacious accommodation in an ideal location in the heart of town, the gracious Grade II listed building boasts truly magnificent sea views from most of the principle rooms and numerous bedrooms. There are several outdoor terraces with the convenience of private stairs from the courtyard garden directly to the beautiful expanse of sandy beach below.
Tides Reach has been a much enjoyed family holiday home for many years, and is an ideal residence, holiday home, or suited to commercial development as a luxury B&B, or lucrative holiday let. The basement could easily be converted into a separate apartment as it has its own front entrance, and also benefits from direct beach access.
Many of the original features including ornate plasterwork, cornices, decorative architraves, ceiling roses and elegant pilasters have been retained in this handsome townhouse that was built in the 1800’s. It is in an enviable position in the centre of town, right on the cliff-side, overlooking Carmarthen Bay with views of Caldey Island, the Gower Peninsula, St Catherine’s Island and the South Beach leading up to Giltar. The terraces at the back are superb for alfresco dining, sipping a cool drink enjoying the sun and the fresh sea air, or taking the private steps right onto the beach. The sunsets are spectacular.
A History of Tides Reach
Tides Reach was likely built in about 1800 at the same time as neighbouring East Rock House, which was owned by Charles Greville the brother of Robert Grevill - the owner of Tides Reach.
Both houses were built to the same pattern which was attributed to John Nash who was working in the area at the time. Essentially a large house for the occupation of the gentry, with a much smaller house next door designed for as servants quarters, with a connecting door to the main residence.
The founder of the Greville family fortune was William Hamilton- said to be the son of Frederick Prince of Wales. Given this, he was half brother to King George III and brought up with him. His second wife was Emma, mistress of Lord Nelson.
Charles Francis Greville, second son to the Earl of Warwick and nephew to William Hamilton succeeded to the Hamilton fortune and was also the founder of Milford Haven.
Robert Greville brother of Charles Greville was equerry to George III and succeeded by his son Robert Fulke Greville.
A deed from the auction of the house when sold to Lettice Millard is contained among the deeds.
The very large fireplace in the drawing room comes from a now demolished house in Cardiff where the Prince of Wales lived for a while during his investiture at the end of the 19th century.