*No Onward Chain*
A most appealing & beautifully presented attached 5 bedroom family home occupying a wonderful plot extended to approximately 0.33 of an acre in the highly sought after village of Lower Bourne.
* A most attractive and beautifully appointed major portion of this substantial period family home with origins dating back to the late 17th Century and later additions in the 1920's. The property occupies a wonderful plot the whole extending to approximately 0.33 of an acre offering a high degree of privacy and seclusion.
Key features include:
* Entrance Porch - Quarry tiled floor, alarm controls. Door to:
* Sitting Room - Double aspect. Attractive fireplace with timber surround and mantle over, wall light points, french casement, double doors leading out onto a paved terrace.
* Inner hall, staircase to 1st floor.
* Cloakroom - Rear aspect. Frosted window, Heritage suite in classic white, close coupled w/c, vanity wash hand basin with cupboard under, shelving, under stairs storage cupboard.
* Family Room - Front aspect. Attractive open fireplace, exposed beams to ceiling, wall light points. Double doors to:
* Dining Room - Triple aspect. Radiators in ornate casements, wall light points.
Kitchen/ Breakfast Room/ Conservatory
* Kitchen Area - Antique pine units and comprising sink unit, worktops with cupboards and drawers under, matching eye level units. Plumbing for dishwasher, space for fridge, electric double oven, housing for fridge/ freezer. Cupboard housing Baxi combination gas fired boiler, part tiled walls, tiled floor. Leading to:
* Conservatory/ Breakfast Area - Continuation of flooring, french casement, double doors to outside.
* Utility Room - Approached from outside.
* Galleried landing - Deep built in linen cupboard, shelved store cupboard, access to small loft.
* Bedroom 1 - Double aspect. Delightful outlook over rear garden. Attractive cast iron fireplace, exposed beams, picture rail, built in wardrobes.
* Bedroom 2 - Rear aspect. Delightful outlook over rear garden, built in wardrobes, fitted shelving.
* Bedroom 3 - Double aspect. Attractive cast iron fireplace, built in wardrobes.
* Bedroom 4 - Front aspect. Fitted shelving, access via pull down ladder to large partially boarded loft area with light. Fitted cupboards and shelving above.
* Bedroom 5/ Study - Rear aspect. Pleasant outlook to garden, fitted shelving.
* Family Bathroom - Heritage suite in classic white, panel enclosed bath, mixer tap shower, close coupled w/c, pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled shower cubicle, cast iron bread oven, exposed beams, fitted shelving.
* Bathroom - Suite in classic white, panel enclosed bath, mixer tap shower, pedestal wash hand basin, close coupled w/c, part tiled walls, fitted shelving.
* Utility Room - Approached from outside, plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, power and light.
* Driveway - Shingle driveway providing parking and turning for several vehicles.
* Double Carport.
* Front - Decked seating area, attractive paved patio with shingled borders. Further wood chipped borders. Shed and Wendy house, enclosed by mature hedging, shrubs and trees.
* Rear Garden - Attractive paved patio/sun terrace to large area of lawn, mature flower and shrub borders. Pergola with grapevine, summerhouse, greenhouse. Screened by mature hedging shrubs and trees offering high degree of privacy and seclusion. The whole plot extending to approximatively 0.33 of an acre.
* Services - All Mains Services.
* Local Authority - Waverley B.C., The Burys, Godalming GU7 1HR * Council Tax - Band G with an annual charge for the year ending 31.03.19 of £3,145.86
* EPC Rating D (60)
* Miscellaneous - Some double glazing. Flying Freehold.
* Tenure - Freehold.
* The property is situated in an enviable, tucked away position and yet within a moments walk of the centre of the highly desirable village of Lower Bourne, offering a store/post office, chemist, newsagent, Public House, Doctors surgery, Veterinary clinic, the Bourne Green, Bourne Woods and the renowned South Farnham Infant School.
* The Georgian town centre of Farnham offers a comprehensive range of shopping, recreational and cultural pursuits, with bustling cobbled courtyards boasting many shops, cafes and an excellent choice of restaurants including Brasserie Blanc, The Lost Boy, Cote Brasserie, Pizza Express and Zizzi. There is a Sainsburys, Waitrose, DC Leisure Centre, David Lloyd Leisure Centre and Farnham's historical deer park offering over 300 acres of beautiful open countryside, providing opportunities for walking and cycling.
* There is an excellent choice of both state and private schools in the area including Edgeborough, Waverley Abbey, South Farnham School, Weydon Secondary School, Frensham Heights, St. Edmunds and Barfield.
* Communications are first class with the A31 and mainline station about 2 miles and the A3 about 7 miles. The A331 Blackwater Valley road links Farnham with the M3, M25 and Heathrow.
* Further opportunities exist within the immediate area for walking, riding and cycling with much of the neighbouring land belonging to the National Trust. Sailing is also available at the nearby Frensham Great Pond.
* Farnham town centre 2 miles (Waterloo from 53 minutes)
* Guildford 12 miles (Waterloo from 38 minutes)
* A31/A3 2miles, London 40 miles
(All distances and times are approximate)
* Leave Farnham via the A287 Firgrove Hill. At the traffic lights go straight across and down into Lower Bourne. Before reaching the crossroads Lavender Cottage is situated set back on the right hand side.
For clarification we wish to inform prospective purchasers that we have prepared these particulars as a general guide only. They are intended to give a fair description of the property but their accuracy is not guaranteed nor do they form part of any contract. All information should be verified by yourself and your professional advisors. We have not carried out a survey nor have we tested the services, appliances and specific fixtures and fittings. It must not be assumed that the property has all or any necessary planning permissions, building regulations or any other consents. Room sizes are approximate and they have been taken between internal wall surfaces and therefore include cupboards, shelves etc. Accordingly they should not be relied upon for carpets, curtains and furnishings.