Beautifully refurbished townhouse of c.1,432 sq ft, on one of the most prestigious streets in SE1. The three double bedroom property has been remodelled to the highest standards with passion and attention to detail, incorporating fixtures and finishes of the highest quality. Available for short let 9/11/19 - 7/12/19.
‘’We’ve lived here for four years and have loved transforming this property into a wonderful home. We’ve taken pride in every detail and love the feeling of space and light we’ve created. There’s a tranquil feel to these residential streets despite being in the heart of central London - that quiet serenity has remained a real feature of the house and something our guests nearly always comment on. Being able to stroll to South Bank, take in an exhibition, pop to The White Hart for fabulous tapas, or walk to Covent Garden in just 15 minutes is amazing. The community spirit has taken us by surprise and we’ve loved the annual street parties with our wonderful neighbours. We love sourcing fresh ingredients in Borough Market or Lower Marsh and seem to keep finding better independent cafes every time we leave the house.’’
‘’Sitting on the top floor terrace with a glass of wine on summer evenings, listening to the London Symphony Orchestra practising nearby.’’
‘’We were excited to see what our client had done to this property since buying it through us four years ago, but all completely overwhelmed by the transformation that’s taken place. The attention to detail is exquisite and absolutely everything has been thought about at the right stage, resulting in an immaculate, warm home with stunning design and architectural details.’’
short portal description:
A beautifully refurbished townhouse of c.1,432 sq ft, on one of the most prestigious streets in SE1. The three double bedroom property has been remodelled to the highest standards with real passion and attention to detail, incorporating materials, fixtures and finishes of the highest quality. Built in the early 1990s, the house is laid out over three floors and provides carefully planned, adaptable living space.
Open-plan ground floor living space featuring entrance hall; WC; kitchen with breakfast bar area; dining area; reception area with partial-glass ceiling and full-width aluminium-framed glass sliding doors to garden; stairs to first floor; master bedroom leading to outside terrace and seating area with far-reaching views across London; walk-in wardrobe and en suite bathroom; stairs up to second floor landing leading to second double bedroom with second outside terrace and seating area; third double bedroom/study room; bathroom with lightwell; loft space.
12b Theed Street offers a unique opportunity to rent an enviably located home which has been restructured and remodelled with incredible passion and attention to detail. Set within the conservation area, the c.1,432 sq ft property has been designed with flair and creativity to create free-flowing space and a feeling of light and serenity throughout.
Full accommodation details
The front door opens to an opened-up entrance hallway and houses a downstairs WC with handwash basin and sensor lighting.
Ground floor features underfloor heating and is laid with high-polish, light-reflecting Italian porcelain floor tiles throughout, which extend seamlessly into the garden, where they have been treated with anti-slip material. Entrance hall leads to the open-plan but cleverly zoned living space and features a hand-built kitchen which has been designed with cooking and entertaining in mind. Bespoke, white high-gloss cabinets are handle-less and feature soft closing or push-open cupboards; drawer edges are cut to a 45 degree angle to allow easy opening. High quality appliances include a separate Miele refrigerator and freezer; a combination Neff microwave/oven; a second Neff oven below with warming drawer beneath; a Neff induction hob with glass splashback; a Miele dishwasher and taps incorporating a water filter. Floor-to-ceiling storage cupboards with glass-fronted sliding doors and carefully imagined, built-in shelving have been planned in for particular items, including a concealed coffee station. Neutral Silestone worktops complement the cabinetry and define the breakfast bar area, which features pendant lighting above and a built-in shelving unit with glass frontage for recipe books. Low level, recessed alley beam lighting leads from the kitchen to the dining area, which houses a wine fridge and further concealed, built-in storage space for a washing machine and dryer, utility items and coat space.
The reception area provides a wonderful space to relax or entertain by the contemporary, efficient gas fire and enjoy the view from this newly extended area, which features a glass ceiling and full-width glass panel doors out to the garden, which is encased by treated cedar fencing. Bespoke-fitted, automated conservatory blinds provide shelter from sunlight and have been colour-matched perfectly to the surrounding frame of the doors. The rear garden gate leads directly to an allocated parking space and planning has been granted for low lights and electric cabling to the residents’ parking area.
A contemporary and newly-laid staircase in ash hardwood with recessed lighting and glass panelling leads from the entrance hall to the first floor, which provides a generously-proportioned master bedroom with full-width built-in wardrobes, a west-facing terrace with seating; exquisite walk-in wardrobe fitted with bespoke wooden cabinetry which leads to bathroom fitted with high-quality Hans Grohe fittings and Italian porcelain tiling, featuring wet room area and a generously sized bath.
A second ash hardwood staircase with glass panel side leads to the second floor landing, with a second double bedroom to the right and a third double bedroom/study room to the left; family bathroom between and loft space above.
The second double bedroom/study is configured currently with space for a sofa bed, full-width office area with bespoke cabinetry above desk, built-in wooden bookcases and two windows framed by Canadian redwood frames. Light is reflected through a glass wall which separates the landing area from the room and features an inset blind if privacy is required. The full-sized bathroom features Italian wood-effect porcelain tiling and a lightwell to draw in more natural light. The third double bedroom features patio doors with a west-facing second terrace and seating area providing spectacular views across London; full-width wardrobes and matching, bespoke wall-hung bedside cabinets.
- Two outside terraces and garden
- Sound and heat insulated ceilings and walls throughout
- Centrally controlled mood lighting
- Automated conservatory blinds painted to match the colour of surround paintwork
- Fast-heating gas fire; surround panel fitted with extra-deep insulation to protect artworks hung above
- Underfloor heating to ground floor
- Wooden-framed house structure, cladded with brick
- Wine fridge and built-in coffee station
- Extensive carpentry applied to cabinetry, bespoke furniture pieces, book cases and built-in storage throughout
- High quality appliances including Miele, Neff, Geberit and Hans Grohe
- Kitchen warming drawer
- High quality finishing materials including treated cedar wood to garden fencing; Silestone kitchen worktops; factory-sprayed internal doors; Canadian redwood window frames; British, manmade, low-maintenance material fitted to floors of both external terraces; Benjamin Moore paint colours to walls
- Recessed alley beam low-level lighting in kitchen and dining area
- Made to measure black-out curtaining and/or blinds to both double bedrooms and third bedroom/study
- Walk-in wardrobe with sensor lighting and bespoke wooden cabinetry to master bedroom
- Newly installed Megaflo water system
- Remote controlled house alarm
- WiFi installation by award-winning engineer to guarantee maximum coverage throughout the property
- Garden laid to mature and new plantings, featuring mood lighting and irrigation system
- Gate from garden leading to allocated parking space; planning granted for low lights to parking area and electric cabling for future use by residents
- Built-in shed, completely fibre-glassed and waterproofed to house a concealed gas BBQ