This delightful cottage was the White Lion Pub between 1780 and 1841. Constructed of local Hornton stone it has a tiled roof with later additions. The property has been extensively updated and offers well proportioned accommodation including sitting and dining rooms which flank the entrance hall, both with period features including exposed beams. The kitchen is situated to the rear of the property which looks out to the right onto the walled garden and a useful utility room to the left.
The first floor consists of two double bedrooms, family bathroom and a small study/nursery.
There are two further double bedrooms on the second floor one of which has a vaulted ceiling and both with exposed timbers. From the hallway there is a door providing access to stone steps leading down to the former pub's cellar.
Adderbury is located to the south of Banbury on the A4260 Oxford Road. Within the village there are a range of amenities including a village store, hairdressers, choice of public houses, magnificent parish church and schooling for the primary age group, with secondary schools including the Warriner which is in the villlage of Bloxham (approx 3 miles). There are private schools including Tudor Hall, Winchester House and Bloxham. Access to the M40 motorway can be gained at Ardley (J 10) and from Banbury (J 11).
From Banbury there is also a mainline railway station providing links to London Marylebone, Oxford and Birmingham
The private garden, which lies to the side of the property, is totally enclosed by a high brick and stone wall being mainly laid to lawn and surrounded by flower beds and borders. The garden can be accessed from either the kitchen, garage or a side door from the street. There is a good sized garage providing off road parking and a useful workshop/garden store area with a remote controlled electrically operated garage door.