This spacious apartment is situated in the Centre of Canterbury above the Whitefriars Shopping Development. Access is off Whitefriars Square and there is a lift and staircase to this private residential area. The property is arranged over two floors and has a large lounge, separate kitchen with appliances, cloakroom, two double bedrooms, en suite shower room and additional bathroom. There is also a private decked terrace. The parking area can be accessed by a service lift and is situated underground. The property can be offered furnished or unfurnished.
Relevant letting fees and tenant protection information
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments
Pre-Tenancy Fees (Payable to Jackson-Stops)
- Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
- Security Deposit: 5 or 6 weeks’ rent
During The Tenancy (Payable to Jackson-Stops)
- Variation of Contract: Payment of £50 (inc.VAT) if you want change the tenancy agreement
- Unpaid Rent: Payment of interest for the later payment of rent as a rate of 3% above the Bank of England Base rate
- Lost Key(s) or other security devises: Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
- Change of Sharer: Payment of £50 (inc.VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable cost incurred if higher.
- Early Termination: Liable to the Landlord for the costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
During The Tenancy (Payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
Utilities (gas, electricity, other fuel, water, private drainage, sewerage); Communications (telephone and broadband); Installation of cable/satellite; Subscription to cable/satellite supplier; Television licence; Council Tax.
Other Permitted Payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Jackson-Stops is a member of ARLA Propertymark, which is a client protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme. Jackson-Stops